Who We Are
Hello! We’re Real HQ and we’re six years old. We’ve grown to 40+ employees, maintained profitability, and significantly expanded our customer base. We have an office in Austin, TX but take pride in being a remote company—more than half of our team is spread across the United States.
We’re the company behind Agent Pronto, a service that helps home buyers and sellers find awesome real estate agents—we’re also one of the largest real estate referral services in North America. After years of focus on growth primarily through paid search, we’re building out our Growth team to identify, validate, and execute on new high value acquisition channels through an iterative, data-driven testing approach.
Our Growth Team will consist of our Head of Marketing, a Growth Engineer, our PPC Specialist, and a Growth Marketer (hopefully, you).
Who You Are *fingers crossed*
- You have experience on a data-driven growth team.
- You’re an expert in proposing, defining, testing, and evaluating growth initiatives.
- You’re passionate and knowledgeable about growth marketing strategies and keep up with the industry.
- You can pitch ideas that are thoughtful and relevant to our audience.
- You look at websites and can’t help but see split tests that you would try.
- You can match “right-brained” creativity with the “left-brained” ability to measure what’s working and what isn’t.
- You have strong communication skills and are receptive to constructive feedback.
- You can clearly articulate your thoughts and feelings through writing.
- You’re comfortable working on your own and are able to set ego aside when collaborating.
- You’re a self-starter who can adapt to quick changes within a data-driven environment.
- You’re not afraid to ask for help.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for someone who is willing to research which channels work best in our market and then dive right into them. We’re also looking for someone who can raise the visibility of our brand in target domains, create and manage relationships with writers, and execute a wide range of marketing initiatives with a focus on customer acquisition.
We’ll expect you to be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn)
- Blog creation and management
- SEO tools like SEOMoz
- Web analytics like Google Analytics
- Data analysis and basic statistics
- Conversion rate optimization
- Content management systems like WordPress
- Social media management platforms like Buffer
We primarily communicate using Slack, Basecamp, and Google Hangouts so you should be comfortable in that environment.
We’re looking to hire immediately for a full-time, salaried position. You can expect to be paid a competitive market rate and work around 40 hours per week. We request that you reside in the United States, but once hired, you’ll have the flexibility to work from anywhere. You can choose when to start and end work each day (though, we request at least some overlap with a 9-5 PST schedule). You’ll also be provided with the following perks and benefits:
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage. We pay 100% of your premiums and 50% for your dependents.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Up to 12 weeks of paid maternity / paternity leave.
- Laptop and cell phone upgrades.
- Fringe benefits (books, software, etc.)
We understand that working remotely can get a bit lonely, so we’re happy to provide a coworking space near you. You’ll also be invited to attend departmental meetups and our annual company retreat, Real Life. In 2014, we spent the week in Boulder, CO. Last year, we flew everyone to South Lake Tahoe for a relaxing week of working and hanging out.
Think You’re a Good Fit?
To learn more or to apply, send an email to [email protected] and include “up and to the right” in the subject line. Also, let us know how you found this job posting. Explain three new growth strategies you would test, how you would test them, and what that might look like three months into your new gig. What have you chosen to focus on and why? We won’t dictate the format of your application beyond that, so be thoughtful and creative. The application process will include essays, video interviews, and a final, in-person interview in Austin (we’ll fly you in and host you). Thanks for looking, and good luck!